Thursday 28 May 2015

Season 7 & my addiction

Posted by Unknown at 09:08
So I'm a serial re-watcher. 
My boyfriend hates how often I re-watch some of my favourite episodes or scenes.
I've probably re-watched all 7 seasons of Parks over 5 times. EVERY EPISODE. and some way more than 5....>>
To be fair though I did re-watch the whole series recently for research, for this blog. I'm a professional that way.
I'm currently on season 7 again. It's sad that it's over but I really enjoyed this final season. I've heard some people being disappointed with the ending, but theres so much pressure to make perfect which it's never going to be, someone will always be disappointed, season endings are hard enough, but to actually wrap a series, and especially one so well received and loved? That must have been a mission for the writers.
For example the film I'm currently working on took months to decide the year the movie is based! It was only decided days before we actually started shooting!
I can't even imagine how much planning went into deciding- 2017

I'll admit I got super emotional when watching the last series, especially when we find out what happened between Ron and Leslie, or when we hear Ron's side more specifically.  Tears in the eyes and everything!
I don't want to spoil anything but SPOILER - Really enjoyed the episode about Donna's wedding! It was funny, light, thoughtful and Donna had her moment. Donna is the character who started off as the sassy black girl but she became an important part of the Parks crew. She was also way more than she seemed- I just felt that it was important that she got her episode ( I'm now realising she also needs a blog post dedicated to all her different sides shown throughout the series, I will gather images and fun videos!). Plus her husband is- Keegan- Michael Key! He's a brilliant character to being in for some extra comic effect! If you've never seen the skit show Key & Peele, you should! You'll wet yourself laughing!

NEW SEASON OF PARKS & RECREATION EPISODE LIST!!

(Don't worry my episode breakdown will follow- this is just a chance to do your own research. The titles are weirdly accurate and can totally give the episode away.....>> )

EPISODE 1- 2017

EPISODE 2- RON & JAMMY

EPISODE 3- WILLIAM HENERY HARRISON

EPISODE 4- LESLIE & RON

EPISODE 5- GRYZZLBOX

EPIOSDE 6- SAVE JJ'S

EPISODE 7- DONNA & JOE

EPISODE 8- MS. LUDGATE-DWYER GOES TO WASHINGTON

EPISODE 9- PIE-MARY

EPISODE 10- THE JOHNNY KARATE SUPER AWESOME MUSICAL EXPLOSION SHOW

EPISODE 11- TWO FUNERALS

EPISODE 12- ONE LAST RIDE- PART 1

EPISODE 13- ONE LAST RIDE- PART 2


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

GO TEAM PARKS! Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei