Saturday 23 May 2015

Love where you Live

Posted by Unknown at 16:39
You know what I hate?

Litter. 

It's everywhere now! In every park or forest I go to these littler scattered all over. On the side of the path- water bottles and crisp packets. Even deep in the forest you find used coffee carriers and doggie bags.
It's like people don't realise they're killing man kinds home every time they thoughtlessly scatter their garbage wherever they feel like. We should all show our home a lot more respect! Hasn't anyone ever seen a doomsday movie? 2012, the core, day after tomorrow? Theres really too many to go through but the point is the planet will turn on us. It's alive and soon it'll have no choice but to eliminated the threat to it's existence- man kind.
The planet's in bad enough shape without the everyday man being a poppycock.

Anyway!
I've been getting in the habit of bringing along a carrier bag on my walks with Jessie. I used to be part of an environmental club in my school days. I have a real sense of accomplishment when I litter pick. It's quite selfish I guess, helping the planet to make myself feel better, but then I guess I'm still doing good so I'm not gonna think too much about it.
I like to remember how Leslie volunteered to clean the river herself rather than wait for funding that would probably never come. She was determined and hardworking. Inspiring.
I want to be more like that myself. Without the super cheer, I think that'd just be pushing it.

If you want something to happen you have to get off your ass and get it done. 
You can complain a push blame around the plate but nothing will ever happen if you don't do something to help push it along.
Something that applies to basically everything in life don't you think?

Works about to get a lot tougher now, i'll need all the inspiration I can get! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

GO TEAM PARKS! Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei