Wednesday 22 April 2015

WHAT MADE ME START THIS BLOG?

Posted by Unknown at 04:05

I'll tell you all about it


I've never found it hard to talk about the things I love, in fact it's hard to shut me up.
But writing is a different story, my excited whimsical voice won't be able to distract you from the fact that even though I'm writing a lot, I'm not saying much of anything.
I've tried so hard to write something interesting and exciting, I mean Parks and Recreations is an AWESOME show, yet I can't seem to get across what I want to say about the show through writing.
From former posts you may have noticed I weigh heavy on the pictures and videos, I just don't want my writing to distract from the main reason i'm writing my blog;

This isn't meant to be a blog just about how amazing Parks and Recreations is.
You see I decided to start this blog after a dry spell of no work (employed now!), I hail from the film and entertainment industry in Belfast. Really starting to blow up, but not in the winter months, Ireland can be depressing weather wise a lot of the time, no need to make it worse by filming in Winter....

Anyways, I'd just gotten back from my yearly visit to my family back in the states, CA.
I was excited to get back to work, but then nothing. There were few productions happening at this point and none of them hiring. So I decided to catch up on some of my favourite TV shows, Parks being one of many.
I was beginning to get slightly depressed after the first month of being unemployed. I'd knitted 4 scarves, filled 2 sketchbooks, mastered Mario kart and watched pretty much everything on Netflix, both American and UK.
Then I saw a friend of my post a link to his blog on facebook, I loved it.
I got to see inside his mind and world a little more than usual, facebook isn't the same at all.
I started to think of what I could talk about, I wanted to create a blog with a theme. Then I realised, I could talk about Parks and Recreations for hours, and I NEVER get to, because people in Ireland are way behind, American TV series wise.
 But that wasn't the only reason, it may sounds like an exaggeration, but I think this show is  beneficial for more than just entertainment but also emotionally and mentally. If I ever have a bad day or am sad or any emotion that I can't really work though in silence, I'll watch an episode of Parks. It's a comedy show with a lot of soul.
It immanently distracts me from my issues, I'm emerged completely in the world of these passionate, hard working, life loving, interesting characters. By the time the episode is over, I feel better, I have a bit of hope, not sure why but it doesn't seem right to think about yourself and your problems when Leslie is on the screen haha
There is something uplifting about this show, it means a lot to me.
And according to the internet i'm not the only one who thinks this.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

GO TEAM PARKS! Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei